Tbilisi, Georgia Travel Guide – Places and things to do.
Tbilisi is the capital city of Georgia. It is definitely not the Georgia of the United state of America. There has been a remarkable change from the Tbilisi of the Rose Revolution to the modern, super exciting Tbilisi of the present because of changes in the generation.
With beautiful architectural designs, fascinating lifestyle and exquisite cultural views. Tbilisi is one of the places you can spend your time and money on visiting.
It is located in the eastern part of Georgia in the South Caucasus. The city lies on the bank of Kura river.
It is bound by Trialeti range to the South, to the west by endings of Trialeti range, and to the north by part of the Saguramo range.
Best time to go
From June to August; It is the summer season because the weather is warm and friendly during this period of the year.
The winter period is usually freezing, so it is not advisable if you do not like cold days.
You could find the weather condition challenging. However, in case you are interested in ski resorts, then the winter period is a good time to visit Tbilisi.
- A layman confuses Tbilisi’s Georgia with the Atlanta Georgia of The United States of America yet both cities have no connection.
- 20% of Tbilisi’s Georgia is not under the control of the Georgian government located in Tbilisi.
- Georgian is the official language. Other spoken languages include Azeri, Armenian, and Russian.
- Tbilisi’s station and trains make their announcements in both English and Georgian.
- The official currency is Lari (GEL).
- The predominant religions are Orthodox, Islam, and Armenian Apostolic.
- Two metros lines are available. Using these lines will require you to buy Metromani travel card which usually cost around GEL 2.
- Taxis and buses are available to get you around the city quickly.
Grab this cheap detailed guide because it will help you navigate with ease
What to do in Tbilisi
- You can feed your eyes with the beautiful historical features of the Museum of Georgia located in Tbilisi.
- The National Gallery is full of beautiful artworks from Georgian’s greats; such as Niko Pirosmanashvili. You will enjoy paying the National gallery a visit.
- Located in Shavtelli 13 on the outside of the Gabriadze theatre, there stands the Clocktower. You can check out the Clock Tower during your visit to Tbilisi.
Where to eat in Tbilisi
- Cafe Gabriadze is a restaurant in Tbilisi where you can get lovely Georgian food at considerable prices.
- Care for salad or coffee? If yes, then Leila is a great choice. The restaurant is located on Shavteli 20.
Where to shop
- Rustaveli avenue has several shops and malls where you can shop conveniently.
- The Dry Bridge Market located in Geoland is a nice place where you can shop while enjoying the view.
- The huge Tbilisi Shopping Mall is the best place to shop for accessories, clothes, so take a look and buy something.
If you have time
- Get the best view of the city by taking a cable car ride.
- If you visit Tbilisi during the Tbilisoba festival, then be sure to join in the excitement and merriment. The festival is annual in October. It has lots of parties, dances, drinking, and lots more
What are you most excited to see in this beautiful country?